Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Note to All You Moms...
I was reminded again in my devotions today of the following verses:

Colossians 3:23-24
"Whatever you do [as a mother] , work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

I was so humbled, as I thought that God has "hired" me, he is my employer, and he has entrusted to me His creation, Maggie and Madeline. My job is a "holy calling," and I know that that reminder will help me keep my focus as I "work" in this "occupation" this week. I hope it is an encouragement to you as well.
posted by Tfipps @ 3:05 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Wow, talk about convicting. I can't tell you how many times I clean my home and don't think about doing it for God's glory. Although, I was outside cleaning the flowerbeds in front of the house this evening and chatting with Andy (JA was giving the girls their bath). And I was telling Andy that we needed to keep our yard clean so we could bring glory to God. Thanks for the post. What a priviledge to be homemakers in the service of the King.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said…

    Thanks for your post--I have been bombarded with this reminder a lot lately--It is neat how God uses different avenues to show us things He desires to change in our lives.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Thanks for the verse, Trisha! Today I'm cleaning out multiple closets and trying to get my house VERY clean for an appraiser that's coming tomorrow...what a good verse to help keep my attitude right in the process! :) The verse that I've been thinking about all morning is..."This is the day that the Lord hath made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!"
    Happy Tuesday! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Archives
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Fipps Family