Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Enjoying a Cool (65-70 degree) Wisconsin Evening
Rob has been enjoying firing up the grill just about every night that we are home. Tonight I marinated some chicken, onions and green peppers in BBQ sauce, grilled it, and put it in flour tortillas with salsa, sour cream and cheese. It was so yummy. For our "seconds," we rolled the chicken, onions, peppers and toppings in the tortilla, and put it back on the grill. It came out crispy on the outside, with all the cheese and stuff melted on the inside. Delish!
I LOVE this picture of Madeline! She loves to blow the Dandelions, and I just happenned to catch her in action.

Maggie is finally big enough to ride her bike. She has had her beautiful, shiny, Barbie bike (complete with a built on lipstick compartment and mirror - a girl can never be too prepared) for more than a year now, but her legs are finally able to reach the pedals for a full rotation around. She was being pretty tough tonight. Our driveway is on a hill, which makes for some treacherous bike riding, and Rob decided that "tough-love" was the best method. Each time the bike would tip and Maggie would fall to the ground, Rob would say, "Are you gonna let that bike beat you, or are you going to beat the bike?!" Maggie would not even wimper, and would come back with, "I'm going to beat the bike." She would then get back on and defiantly say to her bike, "I can do it by myself." She is doing pretty good, and I think if we can give her some practice time on a flat surface, she will do great.
Maggie and Madeline helped Rob give our new van its' first wash. They were soaking wet and freezing when we were done...it is 65 degrees here for all of you down South!!!
posted by Tfipps @ 6:23 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Don & Katrina Hines said…

    Wow Trisha! You have been a blog-aholic lately! Excellent! I have started my fourth year of teaching and will be frequenting your blog less and less (I am sure). Thanks for all the great pics! I am also very jealous of your 65 -70 degree weather. We are suffering in HOT Virginia waiting for it to cool down!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Wow, I hadn't checked your blog in awhile and had a lot to catch up on!!! Love all the pics!!!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger The SC Elwarts said…

    Hey Trisha. I don't know if you remember me from Beta Chi. When I was at BJ, my name was Susan Fressel. I was Shannon Bracken's roommmate. Anyway, I saw your blog on the Curlings' and I thought I'd say hi.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger carissa said…

    loved the pics...loved our Bible Study...loved the story of the dog :)

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger The SC Elwarts said…

    Thanks. Your girls are so cute. I can't wait until Ryan & Lauren can play together. Right now, Lauren just enjoys squeezing Ryan until I think he's going to pass out, but he just laughs. I'm not sure if Shannon has a blog or not. I haven't seen her in a while. She goes to Community Bible & we go to Heritage. I'll pass along your blog to her though.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger carissa said…

    I just wanted to see if you'd check this tonight, since you had 1 more comment! I'M GOING TO GB tomorrow. I'm so excited to go shopping. I'll call from GAP if I need some advice :)

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger carissa said…

    I just wanted to see if you'd check this tonight, since you had 1 more comment! I'M GOING TO GB tomorrow. I'm so excited to go shopping. I'll call from GAP if I need some advice :)

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    We are still waiting for it to get cool enough down here in Fl to go to the each. Burn is ten minutes. Hard to believe we have been here 2 months, live 10 minutes away form the beach and still haven't been. I check your blog often. Enjoy the beautiful fall season!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Archives
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Fipps Family