Wednesday, March 28, 2007
My Birthday Surprise
I must preface this blog entry by saying that Rob Fipps and Jamin Jantz must be the BEST husbands ever!!! A month ago, Jamin (the husband of one of my dearest friends, Melissa), contacted Rob and they put together a super surprise birthday plan for me and Mel. Mel and I have birthdays that are only about a week and a half apart, so the guys went in on a plane ticket for Mel to fly up here to visit. Jamin took Mel out to eat for her birthday, and gave her a plane ticket - she was in shock when she realized that it was a ticket to come to Wisconsin for the weekend. Then, they still didn't tell me...Rob told me that I was needed to go pick up our camp director's wife from the airport. I went to Green Bay, and waited for Terry's flight to come in. Now, it would have been really cool if Mel had walked into the baggage claim like the guys had planned, but unfortunately, she got stuck in Chicago for the night!!! Rob called me and told me on the phone that I was really going to pick up Mel, but that I would have to go back in the morning to get her. Well, her flight finally came in early Friday morning, so we had all weekend to spend together!! It was so great having her here to see where I live, etc. She left on Monday afternoon. We had so much fun just hanging out, and she helped me a ton with Maggie's birthday party. It was so great to have one of my best friends up here for my birthday. Thank you so much Jamin for cooking up this plan, and to Rob for being a co-conspirator in this super-wonderful birthday surprise!!! Definitely one of the best birthdays ever!!!

posted by Tfipps @ 12:10 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Man - you guys are quite the party people! :) That's awesome about your birthday...what a neat surprise...and the princess party, well, let's just say, it made me want to be a little girl again. :)

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Don & Katrina Hines said…

    Wow! What a great surprise. I am still trying to get Karen (Heminover) to come down to see our place before we move!

    I also checked out your princess party! How wonderful! Completely girly and I love it!

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger Linda Ringwood said…

    Hey seems u girls are absolutely party animals...wish I could join u sumday and yeah...the princess party stuff was fantastic...keep going :)and ofcourse...belated Happy Birthday :)

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    That is SOOOO cool that Mel got to come see you!!! I wonder how she did being away from her little guy??? Or did he come too? Hope you got my message wishing your a Happy Birthday. I'll have to call you soon!

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Erin Neiner said…

    How Wonderful! I think those "golden" friends are so precious now that the time lapses so far in between visits! My dear friend Stephanie is coming up for a week visit this summer---seeing your post made me wish it was next week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, also!! So, have you gotten "April Fool's" jokes all of your life...that was cruel of your mother! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Archives
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Fipps Family