Saturday, September 16, 2006
Maggie's First Pen Pal


Today, Maggie got a letter from her "teacher" from camp this summer, Brianne Haskett. Brianne has worked at camp for the past two summers, and has become a good friend of our family - but especially a good friend to Maggie. She was one of Maggie's teachers in the 2s and 3s class for Family Camp. She has always made an effort to get to know our children outside of the "class" setting, which has gone a long way with Maggie. She LOVES Brianne!! As soon as she read Brianne's letter, she said, "Mommy, let's write Brianne back right now!!" So, we did. I simply wrote down everything that Maggie said, and except for the part about the jewelry box (I have no idea what that was about), it amazed me what she came up with. Here it is straight from Maggie:
Dear Brianne,
I love you Brianne! I hope you love the jewelry box with princesses in it. I hope you love your school. Always do your school Brianne. It's important to do your things. I'm sorry that I disobey your teachers that you were working with. In Jesus Name Amen. Oh yeah, I want to play basketball with you some day.
Love, Maggie
What Is It About the TV?!
What is it about the TV that makes our children stop whatever they are doing and glue their eyes to it? Tonight, I had just gotten the girls out of the bathtub, and was wondering why they were being so quiet. I walked out to the living room to find both of them glued to what...Blue's Clues? Perhaps Dora the Explorer? Oh no, my girls were intently watching Runaway Bride.

posted by Tfipps @ 7:16 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger carissa said…

    Your girls are so cute!!! I love the red coordinating outfits. My inlaws left today. I've been alone now with the kids most the day and I'm exhausted (it's only 8pm). I'll talk to you tomorrow. Have a great evening. ps. I love Runaway Bride. Now I know what to put on when your girls are over!!!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kelli said…

    Maggie told us all about her letter to her pen pal, Brianne, yesterday during Sunday School. She loved getting mail! How fun for them.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Very funny about the TV...so at what age do kids start actually watching and comprehending TV?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Archives
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Fipps Family