Friday, February 16, 2007
Childlike Faith
Today, my girls were in their rooms playing and listening to a Patch the Pirate CD, when they suddenly came running out asking for their Bibles. I gave them to them, and asked why they wanted them. Maggie said, "I need to have some quiet time alone with God." She got that from a song on that CD. This was conviction #1, since I had not yet had my quiet time with the Lord yet today. After looking through her Bible, and sounding out a few words, such as God, she came to me and asked me to read it to her. I was in the middle of vaccuuming the living room, and my first thought was, "Can't you see I'm busy vaccuuming right now?" Right away, conviction #2 struck my heart. My daughter is asking me to read her God's Word, and I am too busy?! We sat down and read some in John...not only was she listening, but asking me to explain what verses meant. Conviction #3: How many times do I read, not taking time to think about the meaning of every phrase? I am so thankful that God gave me these two little lives, however, I think that sometimes, they teach me far more than I am able to teach them.

posted by Tfipps @ 12:26 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger The SC Elwarts said…

    It's amazing how God uses our kids to teach us so many lessons about ourselves. Also, an aside, I was going though a bunch of old notebooks and sorting out what was what, when I came across a notebook from college. It had my old sermon notes in there, including the ones from when you were society chaplain. It was good reading. Thanks again for being a good chaplain.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said…

    That is really neat--Thanks for sharing this post. . I am amazed sometimes at that questions Sara asks me about Heaven, Hell, and Jesus. It is exciting to see them interested in Spiritual things--things we often take for granted.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Iron sharpeneth iron...takes on a whole new meaning when it's our little ones that are "sharpening" us, doesn't it? Just shows that God uses the smallest things to teach us! :) Thanks for sharing...and BTW I'm glad you had a great Valentine's day!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Erin Neiner said…

    We pulled out the good old Patch tapes recently (my mother-in-law has all of them from when my hubby was growing up) & Drew loves them! It is amazing how often the message on those tapes even reminds me of something I need to sharpen up on! What a sobering job we have...we are our children's first picture of Christ! They will be learning their foundation of God's Word from us mothers! I better go get studying some more!!!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Erin Neiner said…

    Trisha~ you have a link for Juan & Rachel. I remember Juan from BJ...I was in Coaching VBall class with him. Who did he marry? Do you know Rachel's maiden name? She looks like Rachel Hodges from Northland, although in college Rachel was a blond. Is this the same girl???

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Very cool.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Archives
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Fipps Family