Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Robbie's Nursery, Our Fun Weekend and My Two Ballerinas
Here are the long-awaited pictures of Robbie's nursery. It is pretty much finished now...if I can let my perfectionist side stop changing things! I am really happy with how it turned out. Especially since it is the cheapest nursery I have ever decorated. This time I just decided to go with a color scheme...without buying an expensive crib set...pretty much did everything with two containers of paint and a few things from Ikea. Maggie contributed to much of the decorations. I had her paint some pictures for the room, as well as to draw a picture of our family - all of which I framed. Definitely cheap decor!


Maggie's artwork on the wall...mine on the table!
Maggie's artwork mixed with some framed cards.

Maggie's drawing of our family.
Maggie's masterpiece. She wasn't too happy with it...wonder where she gets her perfectionism from?!

Madeline and I had such a fun weekend together...just the two of us. Rob had to go to Ohio for the weekend, so he decided to make it a "Maggie and Daddy weekend." They flew down on Friday, stayed in a nice hotel together, went to a children's museum, ate the largest desserts the restaurants offered, and "did whatever we wanted" (Maggie quote of the weekend). Maggie was so excited to be on a trip with just her daddy. I am so glad that they got to do that before camp starts, the new baby arrives, etc., and I am so thankful for a husband who is so eager to invest in the lives of our children. He is the BEST!!! I got to spend Friday in Green Bay/Milwaukee shopping with my good friend Carissa...we lived it up at the Cheesecake Factory, and hit the thrift stores...very fun times! Then, on Saturday, Madeline and I spent the whole day in the big town of Iron Mountain...McDonalds was probably the highlight of the day for us!! It was so nice being able to spend time alone with "my baby."
My friend Julie gave the girls this "Angelina Ballerina" dress-up dress that her girls grew out of. The girls had so much fun taking turns today wearing it and dancing around the house like ballerinas - kind of!! These pictures describe it all!!

posted by Tfipps @ 1:50 PM  
15 Comments:
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    The nursery looks great!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger samantha said…

    The nursery looks so good!! I love Maggies artwork---I'm thinking of doing that in the boys room of our new house!! Not too long until Robbie arrives---so excited for you!

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger The SC Elwarts said…

    I love the nursery. The colors look great, as does the artwork. :)

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    The room looks fantastic! And that's such a great idea to have a special weekend with each of the girls. Time is counting down very fast. We are trying to finish a room in our basement before the baby gets here...not for the baby, but for a friend that has been living in our guest room for the last few months. We're not so great with home improvement projects but hopefully it will get accomplished. So needless to say I haven't done much of anything to prepare for the baby. Oh well. =)

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said…

    At last! I have seriously been waiting for the big reveal of Robbie's nursery-- WOW! I love it! You went with the brown/blue and it is still so nice and bright in there. Great job. I'm definately a fan :)

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    You've been offically "tagged" - check out my blog for details!!!! Can't wait to read your answers.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger The Owens said…

    so cute! i knew it would be. :)

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger samantha said…

    Oh I tagged you but I see Elizabeth did too!!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Matt and Karen said…

    love it!!!!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said…

    Very Cute! I love the brown and blue--the circles must have taken you a while . . .it looks great!!

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Don & Katrina Hines said…

    I absolutely love it! I love that it is so cheap too! My pastor's wife also has the eye for this simple, yet very cute style. She also had her older daughters draw pictures and frame them. Great ideas!

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Erin Neiner said…

    GOOD FOR YOU!!!! You did such a fantabulous job!!! :) I was at IKEA today (for almost 3 hours) and thought of your room a couple of times (I saw your debut yesterday, but didn't get to comment). I absolutely LOVE how you incorporated Maggie's masterpiece in the room! So sweet and a wonderful way to get her "ready!" You will have 2 wonderful mini-mommy helpers who are going to LOVE having a baby brother to dote on...just make sure they don't put those ballerina dresses on him!! ;)

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger The Coons said…

    Love the nursery--you have a great sense of decorating! Praying for a safe & happy delivery!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    The nursery looks amazing! Glad you got to spend some time with Maddie...and I'm sure Maggie and Daddy had a blast!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger carissa said…

    awesome nursery! It looks so great with the personalized artwork esp.! What a great way to get the girls involved in the decorating. You're so creative. I love the table!!! You should start a business in your spare time :) ha.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Archives
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Fipps Family