Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Now for the details...
I had to put up the picture quick, so anxious family members could get a look, but now I will give you a few of the details. Saturday, our church and Northland ladies threw a shower for me. I was having contractions at the shower that were 10 minutes apart, but they weren't bad at all. Just enough to make the shower exciting for everyone - all the ladies were having fun timing them! Then, I took the girls home for naps. The contractions remained consistent all afternoon, but still were not super hard. At around 3:30, I called Rob and told him that I thought we should probably go in to get checked out. We decided to go at 4:30. I painted the girls' toenails/fingernails (they had to be prepared too!!), and vaccumed the house. That's when they started getting a little more severe (although they were still 10 minutes apart - of course they were lasting a minute to a minute and a half each!!). I called Rob, and he came home. We dropped the girls off with some friends, and headed up to the hospital. I was still thinking that even though they were hard, that since they were still 10 minutes apart, that they might tell me to come back later. When we got there, they checked me out and said that I was dilated to 5-6, and that I was going to have the baby soon. They gave me an epidural right away (what a blessing - I didn't feel any more contractions at all!), and then, before I knew it, it was time to push. I pushed 3 or 4 times, and little Oral Robert Fipps III (Robbie) entered the world!! He was 6 lbs. 12 oz., and 19 inches long. We are both doing great! I praise the Lord for such an easy labor and delivery!!!
posted by Tfipps @ 5:48 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said…

    Oh my-- he is so so precious! He reminds me of AJ-- all that hair! Congratulations! I'm sure you are absolutely smitten with your little man!

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger The SC Elwarts said…

    Congratulations on your little Robbie. We are so happy for you. By the way, I don't think it's acceptable that you look so good after just having a baby. :)

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    Yeah! That is so awesome. I have been checking your site often with eager anticipation! Robbie is adorable and you seriously look great!! How many days before your due date did Robbie come? You're getting me hoping...not much longer though! =) I'm so glad your labor and delivery was so smooth. God is good.

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger The Owens said…

    congratulations! he is just precious!

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I'm glad your labor went so well. Enjoy Robbie. I think it's so much fun and different having a little boy after two girls.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Don & Katrina Hines said…

    Congrats!!! I was wondering why the Fipps blog was so quiet! =) He is so cute and you do look excellent as well! Enjoy being home in your comfort zone!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said…

    Hi Trisha,
    I having been reading your blog for quite some time, and this is the perfect opportunity to introduce myself! Congratulations on your new little boy - I have a son and I think little boys are so precious! You and I actually have several links, Erin Neiner and Leah Millan being a couple and now the Smiths and Whitts. We were part of Paul's youth ministry team in GA for 4 years and he was my youth pastor through high school. We have the same history with the Smiths - I was Claire's babysitter and Julie was one of my mentors in my early marriage. Count yourself blessed to be surrounded by these great folks! I have also seen Shannon Wesley on your blog - my little guy's old babysitter!! So, I wanted to say hi and congratulations again, your son is adorable, you look too good, and I love your nursery!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger thefedssc said…

    I've been keeping up with your blog and love seeing all the pictures. Congratulations on the birth of Robbie. He is such a beautiful boy, and I know he will bring you a lot of joy. We're going to miss seeing you guys this summer. Treasure each moment with your kids.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Busch family said…

    He is so sweet! Congratulations! I'm glad that your labor went so well. Such a blessing. Keep those pictures coming! Your kids are so cute.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Rohrer Family said…

    What wonderful news and pictures! I hope you are able to really enjoy these first few days at home even though they are challenging!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Archives
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Fipps Family